Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Bootup Monitor Support
Neal   2003-01-03 03:20
I have a Ti4600 using two monitors (Viewsonic VG500 and Viewsonic VX900) The Viewsonic VG500 is hooked up using the analog connector while the Viewonic VX900 is connected to the DVI out. The problem I am having is that the analog out/ VG500 gets the BIO and bootup screen, not my main 19" monitor. Once you get intow Windows XP Pro. login, the 19" turns on. How do I get it so the 19" is used for the entire time for bootup.
Kyle   2004-08-02 09:45
You have to go into your computer's BIOS settings and change primary to the 19 inch monitor.(whatever that is plugged into)
Tantalus   2004-08-02 09:56
kyle, he appears to be using just 1 card for both displays...there is nothing to change in the bios.

many cards that sport mixed vga and dvi output usually have it engineered as #1 and #2 respectively. if you are really bothered by the fact that the vga output takes precedence, you can simply buy a dvi-to-vga adapter for the 19" and a corrresponding vga-to-dvi for the 15". or if those monitorshave detachable video cables, simply interchange the two.

obviously once the 19" is running thru the vga, you'll need to reassign it as the primary in windows.
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Bootup Monitor Support