Forums -> Multiple monitors -> HELP! AIW 128 PCI/Radeon 7200 dual monitor setup - TV doesn't work
Bart Ludwig   2003-01-06 15:40
I recently bought a AIW 128 Rage Pro to drive a second monitor on my system, but I am having problems getting the TV working correctly. My set up is as follows:

Radeon 7200 AGP - 64MB - Driver version 6.13.10.6166
All-In-Wonder 128 PCI - 16 MB - Driver version 6.13.3279.0
Windows XP Pro SP1
P4 1.8 GHz - 512 MB RAM
MMC 7.2.0.0

The MMC TV app won't work at all if I have the AGP card set as primary in the bios. This is less than ideal, but not fatal. If have the PCI card configured as primary in the bios, and I have the 7200 disabled, I get cable channels no problem. But as soon as I enable the 7200, even as the secondary card, the picture disappears and the configuration wizard can no longer auto detect any channels. I still get sound, but no picture. I bought the second card so I could watch TV while I work, and now it seems that it won't work in this configuration. I googled one post that mentioned something about overlays, but it didn't explain further and there doesn't seem to be any way to enable/disable this feature in the settings. Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated!
Nick Spencer   2003-01-06 23:59
--- welcome to my world ---
I have been fighting similar problems ever since I added a PCI video card to my ATI all-in-wonder AGP setup. Short version: when you are in multi-monitor mode, you will not get TV.
As for the PCI problem, I suggest you head over to RAGE3D.COM. Under forums (try catalyst), you will find instructions on how to do a sterile clean install of your drivers. Doing this solves 80% of the ATI problems. If you're still having problems after that, check into installing DX9 from microsoft and the CAT 3.0 drivers from ATI. Doing these three things solved most of my legacy problems. I still don't have TV in a multi-monitor setup though :(

Nick

ABIT KR7A w/ Athlon XP 1900+
ATI AIW 8500DV AGP
ATI 7500 PCI dual port (Ho ho ho...)
Waiting on an adapter for the third screen...
Axe   2003-02-12 03:47
Damn.

I've got a 64Meg Radeon DDR VIVO (AGP), and I've just ordered the PCI 7500, with the two vid outputs (regular monitor + DVI with an adapter for a monitor). It's also got a TV output (as has my AGP card.

Does this mean I won't be able to bring up two TVs side-by-side?

Axe
http://www.reptilerooms.com
Misel   2003-02-14 03:35
The All-In-Wonder card has to be the one the PC boots with.

I once had it working with a Voodoo2 and TNT Vanta as secondary displays. Primary card is an ATI All-In-Wonder Radeon 7500.

But after a driver update it didn't work anymore not even when I downgraded the drivers for the nVidia card and the Radeon. The bad thing is that the TNT didn't want to be secondary card at all anymore. I upgraded to a GF2MX 400 PCI to free one PCI slot and to get it working again but that didn't help either. I just get the Code 10 and the GeForce doesn't initialize as secondary card.

My last hope is a fresh installation of Win2k.
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> HELP! AIW 128 PCI/Radeon 7200 dual monitor setup - TV doesn't work