Forums -> Multiple monitors -> DVD Display on 2nd Monitor
Bob Jared   2003-01-06 23:24
I have a Dell Dimension 8200 running XP Home. I'm using multimonitors; the primary on on a GF3 Ti200 card (1280x1024). The secondary monitor is on a GF2 MX 100/200 card in a PCI slot (1024x768) . Am using NVidia 30.82 drivers.

In the 14 months I've used this set up there have been no problems and I can drag any window from any program over to the secondary monitor and it displays properly. However when I play a commercially released DVD on either the Power DVD or the Windows Media Player, it works fine on the primary monitor but when I drag it over to the secondary monitor the sound continues to play but the video disappears resulting in a black window. All other type video clip files played back on the Win Media Player will display properly on both monitors.

Does anyone have an idea why this occurs ? Thanks much.

Bob
Christian Studer   2003-01-06 23:39
With Windows Media Player it should work fine if you move the player to the secondary monitor first, then start playing the DVD.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
m0rph   2003-01-07 08:50
If it ain't broke, don't fix it.... still, I can't help but *cringe* to see you're using 5-month old drivers. Go to NVIDIA's website and download the latest set: http://www.nvidia.com/view.asp?IO=winxp-2k_41.09

The program is self-extracting -- just double-click and it'll do the rest for you. This way, you'll be prepared for the most optimal compatibility if/when you decide to update to the latest version of Windows Media Player.

Just my $0.01 (due to inflation)...

- m0rph :-P
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> DVD Display on 2nd Monitor