Forums -> VideoSaver -> Need display card recommendation
Noah   2003-01-07 08:39
hi there-

Using WinXP and planning to buy Videosave to span one clip across two video projectors. Can you recommend a good dual head card with hopefully two svideo outs or at least two VGA outs?

thanks,
Noah
Christian Studer   2003-01-07 09:30
Hi Noah,

if you want to use stretched mode (Windows recognizes only a single large display), I would probably get a GeForce4. There are some MX versions with dual VGA, and Ti cards with 1x VGA + 1x DVI should also support dual VGA via adapter.

For independent displays mode (Windows recognizes both displays), I would recommend getting a PCI card for the secondary monitor, otherwise you won't have video overlays on both monitors.

Dual TV-out is only available with some professional dual and quad cards, take a look at the Matrox G450 MMS and cards from Colorgraphic and Datapath. All of these cards should also support video overlays on each monitor.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
Noah   2003-01-07 14:10
Thanks for the advice- any particular brand of GeForce4? There seem to be a quite a few out there.

thanks,
Noah
Christian Studer   2003-01-07 23:52
I can't give you any specific recommendations, but it shouldn't make much of a difference, you can always use the same Nvidia reference drivers. Try some of the hardware sites for reviews: AnandTech, Tom's Hardware, 3D Chipset.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
Forums -> VideoSaver -> Need display card recommendation