Forums -> Multiple monitors -> ATI PCI TV Wonder
Steed F   2003-01-07 10:15
Well I recently had a dual monitor Radeon 7500 and everything worked great. Using WinDVR 2 I was able to watch TV on both monitors, I could watch TV full screen on either monitor. If I used ATI MMC, or Cyberlink PowerVCR II 3, I could only do full screen on the primary monitor.

I recently got a Radeon 8500LE 128MB DDR BB ATI for christmas. However it only has 1 vga output. So I went and got a Matrox Millenium 2MB PCI card to use as secondary. I disabled the VGA bios on the matrox using the dip switches on the card.

Everything works great under XP, except when I drag the TV to the other monitor using WinDVR I get a black picture with a warning saying that this program can only be displayed on the primary monitor due to the display limitations of your video card. I think that this is an overlay issue, I cannot be sure though.

Cyberlink PowerVCR II 3 works fine on the second monitor, but I cannot get full screen on the secondary monitor. Same goes for ATI MMC.

My question is if I replace the Matrox with an ATI PCI Radeon 7000/7500 will full screen TV work on the secondary monitor? Also the pci 7500 is dual display, so can I use both outputs for 3 monitors total? Finally what happens to the "advanced properties" under "display" in WinXP? Will it control the 8500 or 7x00?

Thanks for all your help, it's really a simple question about the tv, but I wanted to fully explain the situation.

ABIT KT7-RAID
1Ghz T-Bird
512MB SDRAM
Radeon 8500LE 128MB DDR BB ATI
Matrox Millenium 2MB PCI
ATI PCI TV Wonder
SB Live!
4 HDD's (2x60GB WD 7200RPM, 20.0 GB IBM, 13.5GB Quantum)
4 Optical Drives (Ricoh CDRW, Iomega CDRW, Hitachi DVD, Creative CD)
3COM PCI NIC
VIA 5 port USB 2 PCI Card
Lucent 4 port USB 1.1 PCI QuadraBUS
320w Antec Powersupply
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> ATI PCI TV Wonder