Forums -> Multiple monitors -> XFX GF4MX440 card + DVI adapter
Apox   2003-01-09 14:18
I recently purchased an XFX (Pine) GeForce4 MX440 with features VGA, DVI and S-video outputs. The card works fine, but when I plug in a second 17" monitor in the DVI port using a standard StarTech DVI-to-VGA adapter, WinXP will not even detect the second monitor...

Where could the problem lie?

Thanks in advance for the help!
Christian Studer   2003-01-16 10:03
Most likely the card doesn't support two monitors (you can use either VGA or DVI, but not both).

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
Prime2134   2003-05-07 05:38
I am having the same problem. Have a Leadtek MyVivo TI 4800. I had it working a couple months ago. I hooked up to 2 monitors using the vga and vga/dvi adapter on the card. I am now trying to do the same with my new DVI flat panel and a projector. In the display properties it has the 2 monitors and I extend my desktop, but it never shows up on the VGA port. I knew the cable is good because I have hooked my laptop to it and it displays on the projector fine. But ever since I hooked up the DVI my VGA slot doesn’t seem to work.
Please Help
Ken
Prime2134@hotmail.com
t   2003-05-07 15:03
i have a jaton geforce 4 mx 440 pci dual vga out, which i thought was supposed to be dual head, however I too am having difficulty getting windows to recognize the second display. I am running windows 2000 and also have a dual head matrox g450 running on the agp
dilosolid   2003-06-25 05:09
I have the same problem with XFX Geforce 4 mx 440
i trying using dvi to vga adapter windows xp dont found the monitor ,it work with 1 monitor and the tv in duel display but not with 2 CRT
at the same time

If any can help me sent me a e-mail plz
dilosolid@hotmail.com
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> XFX GF4MX440 card + DVI adapter