Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Siluro Ti4200 dualscreen problem
PonieR   2003-01-09 20:36
ok, this seems to be one of the most competent forums i have seen for my problem :)
Setup is Abit Siluro GF Ti4200 64DDR in P4 machine attached to Samsung 172T LCD and OS is WinXP Pro SP1.
I have tried Abit's latest drivers, nVidia latest WHQL Detonator 40.72 and also Detonator 41.09

What I'm trying to accomplish is the setup, where my computer shows Windows desktop through DVI output on my LCD as primary display and TV is second display for big screen gaming and overlay mirroring (video screen for DVD). Can someone advise me if and how i can achieve it?

The problem scenarios i have ran into until now are as follows:
1. video card attached with DVI cable to LCD and s-video cable to TV. result - only LCD is detected and there is no possibility to show anything on TV screen. nView options are grayed out and Windows doesn't want anything to know about second screen.
2. i attached also analog cable to my LCD. Windows detected secondary display and i could manually set nView to cloning mode with video mirroring and change secondary output device to TV (s-video output). it almost worked as i wished but after reboot both outputs get again redirected to my LCD and analog output gets to be selected as primary!?!?

The most frustrating thing is, that actually everything worked almost fine while i had analog (connection to) monitor - i only had to enable cloning mode manually every time i restarted, but then i could see the desktop on my monitor and overlay on my TV. Why is everything grayed out for second screen if i have only DVI and s-video connected?

Also one thing i noticed with Detonator drivers - while using video mirroring with Abit original drivers, video gets started normally, but using the same feature with Detonator drivers the TV screen blinks several times in the beginning of every file (imagine watching two/three-file DivX). Can this be avoided? It would be nice to get some boost from new drivers but i don't want the trade-off :(

wbr,
PonieR
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Siluro Ti4200 dualscreen problem