Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Three-panel LCD monitor
B-link   2003-01-13 05:41

Anyone know anything about these monitors?

http://www.panoramtech.com/products/pv290.html

I saw them at a trade show, and I'm getting pricing from the company now, and I'd like to hear any feedback people have - especially people that have used them first-hand, or if you can suggest alternatives.

Thanks in advance!

B
Barton   2003-01-15 21:52
A friend of mine in Orlando has one of Panoram's triple 18 digital setups. It's a very nice unit especially not having any noticable bezel between the monitors, but for the price, I would much rather buy 3-18" NEC's, LG's, Viewsonics, etc and with the left over cash, build a 3 gig P4, fill it with a gig of 1066 RDRAM and install the bitchinest (is that a word) set of video cards made.

Nice but DAMN!
jet3055   2003-01-24 13:34
I too was very interested in the same set up but came to the same conclusion about the price. Instead I used three separate LCDs because if one LCD went out I would still be able to use my computer on the other two LCDs til I either got it repaired or replaced. If one of the displays were to go out you would be senting the whole unit in for repairs .Unless you have spare monitors to use during the down time.There are LCDs with very small borders available.Also with the single unit, the two outside displays cannot be adjusted in or out to suit your viewing preferences My systems is also listed in the gallery.
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Three-panel LCD monitor