Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Switch Boxes
Mhiran   2003-01-18 22:44
Hello!
I have 2 computers and I want to run of them with 2 monitors. At the moment I have 2 monitors and 1 keyboard and 1 mouse, now I want to run both computers using the same keyboard mouse and double monitor setup, but sometimes I want to run both computers at once using 1 monitor for each. Is there any way that I can do this using switch boxes? Also will XP have a problem with me unplugging the secondary monitor?
Thanks
Mhiran

The Hard Wire.com
Nick Spencer   2003-01-20 08:47
Wow, talk about complicated! Sounds like you need 2 switcher boxes wired up like two switches to a house light. That may be more trouble than you want...
My wife has 3 computers, three monitors, and 1 KB/mouse (programmer / student). She's using 1 4-way switcher box for the center monitor. The left monitor is always on Comp 1 and the right monitor is always on Comp 2. The center monitor can be switched between the three computers. She likes it.

Good luck with yours.

Nick

ABIT KR7A w/ Athlon XP 1900+
ATI AIW 8500DV AGP
ATI 7500 PCI dual port (with a VERY fuzzy DVI output...)
3 Viewsonic G810 21" space heaters
Enjoying 4800x1200 nirvana....with a headache.
Lanlan2000   2003-01-20 14:27
Well, I have a dual monitor set up on one pc, and a firewall running on a second that is hooked up onto a KVM switchbox. I can use one keyboard/mouse and my left monitor with both pcs.

My suggestion, get an Active KVM, like a belkin, starview, CyBex, etc etc... and you don't lose the 2nd monitor becuase these switches are active, not like those cheap $15 dollar passive switches.

I bought mine on Ebay, so you can always try there :)
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Switch Boxes