Forums -> Multiple monitors -> PNY GeForce3 AGP & ATI Radeon 7500 PCI under WinXP Pro
Rick   2003-01-22 16:47
I am unable to get the combo of a PNY GeForce3 AGP card and an ATI Radeon 7500 PCI card to work under Windows XP Pro. I set the BIOS to initialize the PCI card first and the machine will not POST but gives 3 beeps (I think). In fact, I can not get the machine to POST at all with the PCI Radeon Card. I switched it out for an old TNT2 PCI card I have and the multi display works great (except the TBT2 card is on its last leg). I have an ABit BE6-II v2 MB.

Other people have gotten this card to work according to the database if memory serves me correctly. What is wrong with my setup?

I don't think it is a bad graphics card because I could not get a NVidia Asylum GeForce4 PCI card to work either. That card simply hung the system and did not even try to POST.

How come the newer cards are not working right but my old TNT2 PCI card will work?

Thanks
Rick   2003-01-23 11:22
A little more research and I found out that the Radeon 7500 PCI card is not getting assigned an IRQ which could be why it is not starting under Windows. Also maybe why the machine won't POST with just that card in it. Question is, how do I fix it? I already have the IRQ for VGA set to enabled in the BIOS.
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> PNY GeForce3 AGP & ATI Radeon 7500 PCI under WinXP Pro