Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Code 10 sometimes
keith   2003-01-26 03:39
Hi

I have XP pro and 4 svga cards installed . ! ge4ti4600 in dual head, 1 sis primary bios card, 2 riva tnt 32 meg pci cards.The problem i keep getting is that sometimes the tnts dont initialise with a code 10. If i reboot they might initialise but most times i have to disable then enable(tnts) and reboot.Is there anything that can be done to stop this from happening

thanks keith
PenguinHeart   2003-01-30 09:55
I'm currently having a similar problem.

My highschool just started an A+tech class in conjunction with CCNA and I was in charge of setting up the server with our curriculums on it. We have a stock pile (25+?) of "old" trident providia 9685 video cards (PCI 2m vga, composite, svideo). I just got it set up today, but I had that same code 10 error when i tried to put 2 of the same video cards in. The system isn't anything worth braggin about, but i used to watch DVDs on it if that's any measure.

Anywayz, plz tell me if you find anything about setting up dual monitors with identical video cards.

PenguinHeart@techie.com
Christian Studer   2003-01-30 11:18
Keith, don't know why you get the code 10 occasionally, but I would try using different PCI slots, worth a try.

PenguinHeart, you can't use more than one of the Trident cards with Win2000/XP, see the FAQ for details.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
David   2003-03-05 00:02
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;187510

Try this
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Code 10 sometimes