Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Excel Spreadsheets on two monitors?
Dana Clarke   2003-02-04 03:32
I am running two monitors and in general everything works well. However, I have found no way to move individual Excel spreadsheets from monitor to monitor. Many times I need to have two open simultaneously and right now all I can do is make each half the screen height and view them on the same monitor - defeating the purpose of having two monitors. How does one solve this? I thank you in advance for your help.
Barton   2003-02-06 11:06
Dana,

I hope this will help with your issue.

When you first open Excel, the worksheet will usually be maximized to the full size of the Excel screen as shown in this image. If you click on the "Restore Down" button (I'm using Excel 2002 but it should be the same for all), this will release the worksheet as shown in this image.

Now you should be able to "stretch" the Excel window to span both monitors and then open additional worksheets and place them as necessary. You can see an example in this image.

Hope this helps!

Barton
George Papadakis   2003-03-21 03:31
You can also start two separate Excel sessions and move one to each monitor, and then mazimize each in its own monitor. Then you can have each load a spreadsheet independently..
Barton   2003-03-23 01:08
Absolutely! It works just fine.
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Excel Spreadsheets on two monitors?