Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Strange and annoying problem with nvidia dualview..
UrbanSlayer   2003-02-05 19:42
Hi,

Im having a very strange, and annoying problem with Dualview.

Heres my system:

AthlonXP1600
768 DDR2100 RAM
120GB HD (1x40GB, 1x80GB)
DVD Drive
CDRW Drive
Geforce 4 Ti4600 128MB (Gainward GS) Driver version 42.51
Soundblaster Audigy
Windows 2000 SP3

The problem:

Ive been running Dualview for a while now, with 2 monitors and its been fine. I regularly change my backgrounds, and this is where the problem has occured. I have set the nview properties to allow each monitor to have its own desktop background. The primary is fine, but the secondary monitor isnt. For some reason, i can not change the background on it, whatever image i select, it ALWAYS goes to the same one. I can clear it so there is nothing displayed on it, but i can not change it.

Now, i use UltraMon to manage the screens, and i can manually set the background on the second monitor using this on startup, but obviously, thats not really an acceptable solution.

Ive tried many, many things with this. Ive uninstalled and reinstalled the driver several times. I was initially using the 41.09 drivers, but upgraded to the 42.51 to see if they would fix the problem. They havent. Ive edited the registry to remove all the nvidia/dualview references i can find, but still, to no avail.

Short of reinstalling Windows 2000 (dont really wanna do that, especially over something as trivial as this..), im at a loss as how to fix it.

Can anyone help?

Thanks!
DJPJ   2003-02-13 08:10
The only solution i can think of right now is more a work around....
Rename the background you want to use to the background that is only possible to display on the 2nd monitor.
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Strange and annoying problem with nvidia dualview..