Forums -> UltraMon™ -> Toolbars on secondary monitors?
Doug Porter   2015-10-29 10:20
I just upgraded to windows 10 and haven't been able to figure out how to create a toolbar (such as with True Launch Bar) on a secondary monitor. Under Windows 7 I was able to have them on all 3 monitors.

1) Is the a result of ultramon using native taskbars on secondary monitors?

or

2) Is this a result of me being braindead after a day of installing software? :-)

Any help would be much appreciated.
Christian Studer   2015-10-29 14:09
Unfortunately that's no longer supported due to the native taskbar getting used which doesn't support toolbars on secondary taskbars.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
Doug Porter   2015-10-29 14:39
Thanks for the quick response. Are you aware of any products that can make that work? That is, true launch bar menus (or similar) on secondary monitors?

I really liked the setup I had I'd hate to lose it.
Christian Studer   2015-10-29 15:43
I haven't used something like that myself, but from the True Launch Bar website it looks like they support running the toolbar standalone independently from the taskbar, might be a solution.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
Doug Porter   2015-11-01 17:44
In case anyone else is having trouble doing this, I got it working using the standalone true launch bar.

- Turn off "Taskbar Mode"
- Turn on "Always on Top"
- Turn on "To the Edge"
Doug Porter   2015-11-01 18:46
I was wrong. Works fine if I'm only clicking buttons that are on taskbar, but if I click on the taskbar itself, it brings the taskbar to the top and the True Launch Bar gets hidden underneath.

Dammit.
Doug Porter   2015-11-01 18:53
Ok, I think I have it actually working now.

I installed "7+ Taskbar Tweaker"

Right click the 7TT icon on the taskbar

Choose "Advanced options"
Right Click disable_topmost, choose "Modify"
Set value to 2

After this, my standalone True Launch Bars stay on top of the taskbar.

Remember that for 7 Taskbar Tweaker to work, it has to run at windows startup.
Doug Porter   2015-11-01 19:11
I heartily apologize for all these posts...

... but it seems setting disable_topmost to 2 allows newly started programs to draw themselves over the top of the taskbar. That is, it seems to report available space including the taskbar area.

I changed disable_topmost to 1 and now it seems to work as I want. That is, my True Launch Bar still draws itself over the taskbar, but when I start programs and maximize them, it does not draw them over the taskbar.
Mark B   2015-12-03 11:13
I have just installed the beta version of 7+ Taskbar Tweaker, and after I set disable_topmost to 1, my start menu no longer works.

I am using the latest update to Windows 10 1511 (the 7tt forums say to use the beta version after this W10 update.)

Mark B in Vermont
Mark B   2016-03-01 09:00
Has anyone found a way to get Toolbars on secondary monitors? I sure do miss this. With only a few monitors, it's no big deal, but I have seven, and I want a toolbar on each monitor.

As I said before, I tried 7tt, but that didn't help.

Mark B in Vermont
Chuck   2016-03-24 06:43
I would like this fixed as well.
TooTechnical   2018-01-17 05:04
After relentless searching, I found this post and installed 7TT http://rammichael.com/7-taskbar-tweaker

After installation, open program. AT bottom right corner click on Settings. Click "Hide tray icon". BAM! Works, so far anyway. If any changes cause this not to work, I shall update. Why MS makes us jump through hoops to get back something we have grown to love and need is always a mystery. Thanks to post suggesting this program.

TooTechnical
SeismicGuy   2018-02-28 15:47
Hey TooTechnical--your post could be just what I am looking for. When I was running Win 7 and Ultramon I was able to have the TLB toolbar show on the second taskbar. When I upgraded that computer to Win 10 it still worked (the author of TLB said it couldn't be done and wondered why it still worked). But when I bought a new computer with Win 10 I tried everything and could not get the taskbar on the second monitor to show any toolbars, let alone TLB. I will try your solution.

Doug
SeismicGuy   2018-03-05 10:54
Spoke too soon--still no joy on being able to get any option for adding toolbars to the taskbar on the second monitor.

Doug
Forums -> UltraMon™ -> Toolbars on secondary monitors?