Forums -> Multiple monitors -> 3 monitors using 2 pci and 1 agp
-=[qu'olc]=-   2003-02-14 22:07
Aight, listen up people... got this messy problem here:

This are my spec's:
AMD 1900+, 512DDR, GeForce 2 MX440(64mb), S3 Virge and a S3 Trio 32/64....

Geforce in the agp slot, s3 trio in first pci (from top), s3 virge in second pci slot. Now, my bios is set to pci as primary. S3 trio does work, agp does work, the whole crap works, accept the S3 Virge... my devicemanager says "Code 10) this device can't start", althought the drivers are installed. (this device worked when i let it run with only the agp card)... What about 3 monitors? It is possible right? Tell me what went wrong...
Btw, im running Win 2000 Advanced Server.

Thanks for helping me out, if not thanks for reading and any suggestions or "trythisout"s would be appriciated too..

Nite   2003-02-15 15:24
http://www.realtimesoft.com/multimon/faq.asp

(Both S3 cards require VGAINIT to work, you need to obtain a different card for the third monitor)

Nite - "can't rain all the time"
-=[qu'olc]=-   2003-02-16 18:55
hmmm, thought so.. Well, thanks anyway.

luke213   2003-03-03 00:03
Just saw this and I don't think anyone will see it but... I have a S3 working in my system the only thing I had to do was make sure it was initing first to post the bios and windows startup. Thereafter I run my Geforce4 as my primary card and my geforce 2 as my third hope this helps.

Luke
Daniel Tome   2004-05-13 06:02
I've been able to set a dual headed system. With an AGP savage 8mb card and a PCI s3 virge. On windows I have to set the bios to init the PCI card and with linux I can init with AGP and PCI and it works Ok. I am now going to try and add a third card (s3 virge) to see if I can get it to work in Linux.
Phi Dinh   2004-05-13 07:12
What happens when you swap the Trio and the Verge? If the Trio can't load instead, then it looks like both PCI cards are require to be initialized on boot, which obviously can't happen since you can only set one card as Primary.

If this is the case.. get another PCI card. Preferably a newer one.
ecarlson   2004-05-13 12:25
My somewhat old 32.Meg NVidia based PCI card works fine in Win2K even if it isn't the first card to initialize.

- Eric www.InvisibleRobot.com
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> 3 monitors using 2 pci and 1 agp