Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Ultramon with Splitview
Carlos   2016-02-02 23:47
I have Splitview installed on a remote Windows 7 system. This allows me to RDP to that system and use the 2 monitors on local machine. Works just as you would expect a 2 monitor set up to work.

I would like to be able to use the Ultramon Smart Taskbar in my remote session. The problem I see is that while Splitview does a great job at letting me use the 2 monitors the remote session thinks there is only only large monitor.

Thus I believe Ultramon will also see only 1 monitor and so the Smart Taskbar won't be available.

Is there a way to do what I want to do?
Christian Studer   2016-02-04 07:42
This won't work with UltraMon, as you said UltraMon will only see a single monitor as well.

But if the remote system is using the Ultimate or Enterprise edition of Windows 7, there is a better solution: open properties for the remote desktop connection, then on the Display tab check the option 'Use all my monitors for the remote session'. This way the remote session will behave like a regular multi-monitor system, and UltraMon will recognize both monitors.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
Carlos   2016-02-07 09:13
I came across this script. Would it be possible to accomplish waht I am wanting to do using a script such as this one:

VMonMaximizeWnd.vbs
Christian Studer   2016-02-07 12:01
The VMon scripts will work, but only for moving/maximizing windows, you can't get Smart Taskbar functionality with your current setup.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Ultramon with Splitview