Forums -> UltraMon™ -> Desktop icons restore position not working
KJ   2016-02-10 06:16
I've got all my desktop icons around the outside of the primary monitor.

When the monitors come out of sleep the desktop icons on the right side of the primary monitor are scrambled (moved around).

I used Ultramon to save positions of desk icons when everything is correct. Once they get moved around I try to use Ultramon to restore desktop icon positions. The desktop icons do get moved by Ultramon, but not back to the correct "saved" positions that they are supposed to.

Ultramon v3.3.0
W7 Pro 64
Nvidia Quadro K5000M, latest driver v361.75
OS power settings have monitors going to sleep after 5 minutes of inactivity

AOC 2752h, 1920x1080, primary, dvi-hdmi
HP w2207, 1680x1050, secondary (to the right of the primary), dvi-dvi
Extended desktop
Auto-arrange is NOT checked
Christian Studer   2016-02-10 08:01
If you save icon positions, then move one or more of the icons and restore positions again, does that work fine?

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
KJ   2016-02-10 17:55
Yes, that works. It only happens when the monitors wake up after inactivity. When the monitors are waking up the HP monitor wakes up quicker than the AOC monitor.
Christian Studer   2016-02-11 06:48
Two things you could check:

- has the display configuration changed after resuming from sleep? You can check this under UltraMon menu > Display Settings

- go to UltraMon Options > General and uncheck 'preserve position of desktop icons'. This way UltraMon won't save icon positions during shutdown, though I doubt that this is what causes the issue

KJ   2016-02-11 10:42
- No, no change in the display config after monitor wake up

- No difference with it checked or unchecked. The same happens without UltraMon being installed. I just got the second monitor and when the icons got scrambled I went and got UltraMon primarily so that I could save/restore icon positions.
Christian Studer   2016-02-11 12:04
Unfortunately I don't know what might cause this, looks like everything should work fine.

KJ   2016-02-17 09:34
Thanks for taking the time to check. Uninstalled UltraMon and went with a different software product which is working for me.
Forums -> UltraMon™ -> Desktop icons restore position not working