Forums -> UltraMon™ -> Change Icon Grayed Out
Rich   2016-03-26 02:53
Hello Christian and All,
I recently installed UM from my old computer to new (Win XP to now Win 10). But the UM icon on the task bar is actually a PDF icon, and when I right-click to change it, the "change icon" button is grayed out. I've searched online for a fix but cannot find anything to help.

I know this isn't exactly a UM issue, but it seems to be from all the app icons that I've checked that it's only in UM that I have this problem. Thanks.
Christian Studer   2016-03-26 07:11
How did you add UltraMon to the taskbar? For example did you pin it to the taskbar, or add a shortcut to a toolbar, etc.

You could also check what icon is shown for UltraMon under Start Menu > All Apps.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
Rich   2016-03-26 22:04
I right-clicked to add it to the taskbar and I also right clicked to make it shortcut to the toolbar. In All Apps the icon is the PDF icon, so what I'm going to do is uninstall watch for any opportunities to select the icon while reinstalling. I'll post back and let you know what happens. Thanks.
Christian Studer   2016-03-27 04:11
Sounds like a problem with the installation, not sure though what might have caused this. You could also try if repairing the installation fixes the issue, to do this go to Control Panel > Programs and Features, then select UltraMon from the list and click on Repair.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
Forums -> UltraMon™ -> Change Icon Grayed Out