Forums -> UltraMon™ -> How do I get started?
Basil   2016-07-22 03:20
What I'd like to do is to be able to click a button that would load all of the windows I use for a specific job into their respective places on my 3-monitors. Once I am done, then I would click another button which would load a different layout. I just installed your product and a bit overwhelmed. Could you give me some pointers where I should start? What would be the steps for the easiest learning curve? Thank you.
Christian Studer   2016-07-22 13:12
There's no specific feature which does this, but you could do this with a custom script or with the shortcuts feature.

What applications would you want to launch, and would you want to be able to close the applications in one go as well?

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
Basil   2016-07-24 23:25
Thank you, Christian. A typical setup for trading would be: two instances of Chrome browser (that would load about 20 tabs with my trading app called tradingview dot com)--each will occupy a full screen on two separate monitors. The third screen would contain one instance of Firefox showing live economic calendar from investing dot com (occupying the left side of the screen) and I will have Outlook 2016 running on the right side of the screen. I can close all applications manually when I switch the layouts.
Separately, what I am finding out is when the monitors go to sleep, I end up with all applications open on my main screen with all of my icons moved from the left side to the right side of the screen. To fix this, I use your "restore icons" functionality which works beautifully. This said, is there anything I can do to prevent it from happening in the first place? Thank you.
Christian Studer   2016-07-25 13:12
I would first try if Chrome works fine, you could do this with the MultiInstanceFirefoxChrome script. If that works fine we could extend the script to launch the other two apps as well.

Let me know if you have any questions about configuring the script.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
Forums -> UltraMon™ -> How do I get started?