Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Win2000 ATI Rage Mobility M
efishwick   2000-11-29 12:48
Upgraded my Acer Travelmate to win2000 from Win98, installed the Acer supplied win2000 drivers for the ATI Rage Mobility M it uses.

Seemingly no problems but I can no longer have a dual display setup. I can enable the external monitor and can supposedly switch it to be the secondary display, but it simply reproduces what is on the Notebook's LCD panel (the secondary and primary display switches have no effect). Win2000 never seems to recognise that there is a second monitor in the system - only one monitor appears on the settings tab of . (though a second monitor is present in the device manager).

There's nothing on this on any of Acer's websites (thanks for that) but a passing remark on IBM's Thinkpad sites (some of which use the ATI card) suggests it's a win2000 "issue".

Acer have not replied to my questions, I'm still waiting for ATI. I was so annoyed that I reinstalled Win98 (luckily I'd backed up) so I don't have the product ID number generated by win2000 to bug Microsoft about it.

Anyone come across this, buying a PCMCIA videa card seems a bit extreme (& expensive).

Thx

E Fishwick
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Win2000 ATI Rage Mobility M