Forums -> UltraMon™ -> Cloning onto 2 monitors with different aspect ratio's
Philco   2017-01-18 10:06
I have used Ultramon for many years now. I use 2 monitors displaying different programs. I now want to clone the image across from 1 to 2 but keep the different aspect ratio's. Every setting I've tried squashes or stretches the other monitor to fit. Any ideas? Thanks
Christian Studer   2017-01-19 01:33
Did you start mirroring via UltraMon menu > Mirroring?

This should work fine, UltraMon mirroring always keeps the original aspect ratio and won't distort the mirror image.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
Philco   2017-01-30 03:35
Hi Christian

Yes, even if I use the 'start mirroring' from the menu. The second screen then stretches (and some of the page is missing from the screen). My main screen is widescreen format and my second monitor is 4:3. Like I say, works perfectly with 2 screens controlling different displays. But as soon as I mirror it throws it out.
Christian Studer   2017-01-30 09:04
Which version of UltraMon and Windows are you using?

Philco   2017-01-31 08:07
Hi Christian

Version 3.3.0
Windows 10 64-bit

Thanks
Christian Studer   2017-01-31 15:17
Could you send me a photo of your two screens showing the issue to support@realtimesoft.com?

Please also include your UltraMon settings, to do this run regedit.exe, then right-click the key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Realtime Soft and select Export from the menu to save it to a .reg file.

Philco   2017-02-09 04:22
Hi Christian

I did send the information to you. Did you receive it? I did get an email from realtime but it didn't contain any information other than a question mark in a diamond!

Thanks again for your help.
Christian Studer   2017-02-09 14:39
Hi Phil,

not sure what the problem is, I just replied again to your mail and when looking at it under Sent Items I see the same odd single character as the message text.

Regarding your issue with mirroring: to fix this, go to mirroring settings, then on the last page of the settings wizard check the option 'shrink mirror image to fit onto monitor'. This way the mirror image will get downscaled if necessary, otherwise you'll just get the center portion if the source monitor uses a higher resolution.

Philco   2017-02-10 02:25
Hi Christian
I have done what you recommended. The window is now visible within the display on the 4:3 screen, however it has reverted to the same aspect ratio as the main screen so there are big black areas at the top and the bottom of the second screen making the text too small.

Many thanks
Christian Studer   2017-02-10 17:59
That can't be prevented, but what you could do is mirror only the part of the primary monitor occupied by the document, to do this go to mirroring settings and select the option 'part of the desktop'.

Forums -> UltraMon™ -> Cloning onto 2 monitors with different aspect ratio's