Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Is there a quick switch?
Wiscow   2003-02-20 08:57
I have a g4 ti4400 with duel monitors setup and run fine. I run them using nViews horizontal span.
I use my computer for apps and games. Everytime I have to play games I need switch to single monitor mode for some to run at all.
This is not a problem for me. I was hopping there would be a faster way to switch from duel mode to single, with a single click of the mouse, then going throught all the menus. Is there?
Some one said that if i can set thing via a command line then I could make a batch file to do waht I want.

MSI KT3ULTRA, XP1900, MSI G4 ti4400, Windows 2000 Service Pack 3
Nite   2003-02-20 17:25
UltraMon can do that with a easy popup menu from systray.

Nite - "can't rain all the time"
Wiscow   2003-02-23 10:10
I have played around with different types of duel monitor setups today. I ended up worse then I started off. But not all that bad. I am using the nvidia Nview because it works best for me. In the course of it all I installed the newest drivers. Now I can't select as high a resolution as I once had. Perhaps I should go back to the other driver or is there some other way to change the resolution? like the registary perhaps?
Wiscow   2003-02-27 14:34
I tryed Ultramon again and it works. I am liking it to.
Zoombini   2003-05-27 18:24
Is there any way of doing this without Ultramon?
All I want to do is switch the 2nd monitor on/off (toggle) perhaps with a Vb script of some sort on the desktop and a hotkey to it.

But I have no idea what to put into it, any suggestions?
Daniel   2003-05-28 19:50
I set ultramon up so that double clicking the icon near the clock enables/disables secondary screens.
under ultramon options......customization tab ...."double clicking the system tray icon does the following".... I set this to "disable or enable secondary monitors
Plan B   2003-05-28 21:15
or create a shortcut...

rightclick on the ultramaon logo -> options -> hotkeys...

greetz

plan b
Zoombini   2003-06-11 23:50
Plan A works best.

Especially when you have some applications that will not use a desktop that stretches over 2 monitors.

I use CAD software that insists on stretching over both and will not resize, so double clicking on a single taskbar icon is an excellent way of turning one off first.

But I would still rather do it "without" ultramon????? (as great as ultramon is).

Zoombini..
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Is there a quick switch?