Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Nvidia Driver Question with Multi Monitors
shatley   2003-02-21 02:19
Hey, I have an ATI All in Wonder Radeon AGP as my primary card. My second video card is a PCI Creative Riva TNT card. All the new nvidia and creative drivers require that the PCI be set to initial display in the bios for proper multimonitor operation. This would work find if it weren't for the onboard TV on the ATI AIW card that requires it to be the init display for proper operation. The RIVA TNT drivers that came with windows 2000 don't care whether it's the init display or not, but they suck ass! Is there any way to get multimonitor support with the new nvidia drivers without setting the PCI card to init display, or is there any way to tweak the ATI drivers to do the same and get the TV to work..

Thanks

Shane
Christian Studer   2003-02-21 11:23
What drivers are you using? I have 2 PCI GeForce2 MX cards and use the Nvidia 41.09 drivers with both Win2000 and XP, works fine with the AGP card set as BIOS primary.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
Misel   2003-02-22 23:23
Do you have tweaked your system?

I had the exact same problem (AIW 7500 + Riva TNT Vanta and now GF2 MX). I reinstalled Windows and everything was fine and working even TV. Then I installed the Outer Technologies Cache Manager and installed my usual settings and after a restart the GF2 MX didn't initialize. Set the standard cache settings and everything works fine.

I still have to find out which settings exactly those are but I will work on it.
shatley   2003-02-23 13:17
I've tried re-installing windows 2000 but with no luck. The Nvidia drivers only work if the Riva TNT card is the primary in the bios. I was using 41.09 drivers and the latest ATI drivers. When using these drivers it would install the TNT card and the DualView, then on restart these devices Work properly, no error but under Display Options and Settings only the ATI card is listed.

thanks for your input
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Nvidia Driver Question with Multi Monitors