Forums -> Multiple monitors -> 3 Monitors with Nvidia GeForce4 cards
Christian Studer   2003-02-25 10:10
I have tested a 3-monitor system with two Nvidia GeForce4 MX cards. The goal for this review was to build a low-cost 3-monitor system using Nvidia video cards, and to test support for features such as video playback and 3D graphics. Read the review here.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
Spacker   2003-02-27 08:53
Did you try reinstalling DX after enabling Dualview in 2K? I use DualView on my Ti4200 with 2K, and have found that every time I install a new driver and re-enable Dualview I have to reboot, then reinstall DX, and reboot again, to get DX acceleration working on the monitor again (it works fine on the TV out after the install, only the monitor appears to lose DX). Might be worth trying this and then test UT2K3 again.
Christian Studer   2003-02-27 10:05
Thanks for the tip. I had the problem even without DualView enabled though, and also had it after installing DX9 (I started with a fresh Win2000 image with DX7).

Which drivers are you using?

hyper   2003-02-27 12:00
Hello!
Congratulations! You made an excellent multimonitor system!
I would like to ask you something! I am going to buy a GeForce 4 Mx420 Pci (now i have a Geforce 3 AGP) and use it as a second display card! I have installed Nvidia 41.09 drivers! When i will install my PCI card on my computer, should i run again the setup program of 41.09 drivers?
Thank you!
Christian Studer   2003-02-27 12:08
That shouldn't be necessary, you can just point the driver installation wizard to the location where you extracted the 41.09 drivers.

hyper   2003-02-27 22:17
Thank you very much christian!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Astarot   2003-03-09 15:46
Could you please point me to the spot where drivers v41.xx can be downloaded from?
ASUS.com only offers v31.xx ...

the card is v9180TD

TIA
Christian Studer   2003-03-09 23:57
You can get the latest drivers from Nvidia.

Barton   2003-03-11 09:47
Christian,

I have a similar system using dual nVidia cards. One is a Gainward GF4-4600 with dual DVI and the other is a Inno3D GF2MX-400.

All works great, even when using the latest (unsigned) 41.09 drives from nVidia. All I need now is for nVidia to come up with a way to get the "span" mode to work across all three monitors. Flight Simulator 2002, CFS3 and Medal of Honor - Allied Assault will rock!

I have a pending query with nVidia and am patiently waiting thier response. I won't hold my breath. Hopefully, there is a new version of nView on the way!

Dirty Up!
Pascal   2003-04-14 18:39
I'm a music producer. Basically I use Reason 2 and Pro Tools. I've bought a GeForce4 Ti 4200 My ViVo of Leadtek.
I just can't install the stuff on W2k when i'm booting the computer. It is asking for install "nvidia DualView" It's working well on w98 but I didn't install anything about "nvidia DualView"

What to do ? Thanks
Marco   2003-04-18 02:31
Hi !

I'm trying to find a way to have a triple display configation, where 3D acceleration works for games like IL2.

For the moment I'm using a 9700pro and a Matrox millenium (very old but still working). It works for windows but not for games.

Do you think that a solution based on the 9700pro agp + 9000 PCI would work ?

if not, I hope that a geforceFX agp+pci combo will work and that nview supports this/.
ee   2003-04-22 14:20
I used nvidia geforce4 mx440 w tv out, but everytime i switch the connection between monitor and tv, the pc will reboot again. since the tv is in the living room but pc is in the sleeping room. so, i cant control the screen if i switch to tv. i am using win2000. thanks...
t   2003-04-28 11:20
I am building a machine with a ti4200 agp 64mb and a gf4 mx440 64mb dual head
finally my quad mon system
Jesus Malverdes   2003-07-01 04:50
I just bought a new Dell 8200 Dimension 2.26 GHz P4 with XP Pro SP1, 1 GHz of Rambus ram, Western Digital D800BB-75CAA0 80 GB hard drive, NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti 4600 128 Mbs video card with TV/DVI out. Build date of this Dell was June 2002, and the one year warranty has already expired (on June 15th, 2003).

I have not had one single problem in the last year that required a call to Dell or Microsoft -- almost 100% perfect! (Except neither the DVD-CD burner or the NVidia GF4 were installed properly and neither worked at all. Well, I fixed both these as easy as pie :)

I have 2 Dell analog monitors (15" and 17") and a 19" Panasonic TV/VCR with front video/audio in/out female connectors.

Now my problem is this -- My Dell came with absolutely no instructions, no cables, no adapters, nothing. etc. I even had to install the NVidia Ti 4600 GF4 and the DVD-CD burner, as neither worked when I took delivery of the computer. I fixed both by installing them properly (their settings and software only, the items were installed physically in the computer already).

Bow back to my problem -- I have no instructions, no cables, no convertors, no adapters, and I am also a total electronic retard who takes 2 days to hook up a VCR, and it still flashes "12:00 ... 12:00 ... 12:00" after I'm done.

Help! What all do I need?

--
jesus malverdes
july 1st, 2003
san diego, ca
Prakash   2003-10-12 22:05
Please help me with this problem.

I successfully implemented multi-monitor with my TV as the secondary monitor. Unfortunately, I continued fiddling around and the TV monitor stopped working after rebooting. I suspect it was because I tried "disable multiple monitors" option in PowerStrip. I uninstalled and re-installed everthing but..
I connected the S-Video output to my camcorder and it works a secondary monitor but the TV-out does not work.
horridtruth   2003-11-29 17:09
I have an agp nvidia Verto dual head graphics card installed in my pentium 4 1.4gHZ machine. The dual monitors were setup (primarily) fro the assitance with video editing aps. sitting in front of me is an older pci voodoo 3 card (svideo output). I don't want three monitors, i want two monitors and a tv screen which will only act as a playback monitor whenever video is played back. is this possible with the equipment?

aim: its111am
Ray   2003-12-10 07:24
I have xp pro and a GeForce 3 Ti500 with the latest drivers. I'm trying to enable a clone view in the nView display mode but the only option I have is "Single display" in nView modes. I can switch between the monitor and the television in Current display box but what I want to do is view on both the monitor and the television the same thing because if I move the display to the t.v. it's difficult to to see and control what is going on via the tv. Can somebody please tell me why I don't get a clone option with the Ti 500? Thanks
Thiadrik   2003-12-30 14:52
I have 3 screens and 1 tv running at the moment as 1 big desktop for the primary I use a AGP GF2 64mb with a 21''screen, second screen is a pci GF2 64mb with a 17'' screen and a tv (when I play a video on this screen in normal mode it is in full screen on tv) and for the third screen I use a TNT 32mb pci card. Its possible to play games on this with 3 screens but don't know anny games with multiple screen options maybe someones knows a few games that have that option.
trimon   2004-01-01 05:04
I just bought an emachines system w/ a nvdia geforce4 mx onboard and a separate nvdia geforce 5700 ultra fx. I easily got the 2 monitors to span using the agp card.

However, once the agp card is installed, the onboard video is not recognized, hence only 2 monitors work? Any suggestions? or does the 2nd card NEED to be a separate physical PCI card?

hardware review site
Thiadrik   2004-01-01 10:23
Hey Trimon
In the bios u should set that pci videocard(onboard is reconized as pci) loads bios
Icon   2004-02-23 20:53
Ray

I had exactly the same problem with my FX 5700. If you have a DVI connection with a DVI to vga adapter, use that (and not the usual vga connection) for your monitor - all the nview options (clone etc) should work now.
Hope this help!
Jofre Steele   2004-03-23 05:28
Damness to all that don't help... I'm running WinXP home and Maddog's 5200FX with the GeforceFX chipset because it's cheap. I want to display on my TV as a clone. I can only get it to do this when I load windows in safemode. The only other thing I can do successfully is to extend my desktop to the TV. Since the TV is in a completely different room out of site, I can't easily play movies (my ultimate goal) on the TV from my computer. Somebody please help.

Jofre Steele
Tim   2004-03-24 00:55
Trying to get a FX5200 PCI to accompany my FX5700.. Haven't been able to get it at stores..
Tim   2004-03-24 01:02
Anyone have success with Nvidia cards working with Linux?
Jofre Steele   2004-03-24 05:18
Sorry Tim, if I get my Linux cds back I'll try putting Linux on my computer with the nvidia 5200fx. Till then I need help making my TV a clone of my computer monitor without having to run it in safemode.

Jofre Steele
Tim   2004-03-25 15:22
Jofre Steele
Dang, good luck with your problem, I'm not familiar with using the TV out though..
Jofre Steele   2004-03-30 08:08
anybody out there but me and tim now? did everybody else die?

Jofre Steele
Tim   2004-03-31 19:34
LOL
Jofre Steele   2004-04-04 15:30
*dies*

Jofre Steele
gorQi   2004-06-09 10:34
Tim: i am using nvidia card with linux right now! i am playning games and i have the tv-out in clone mode, works perfectly! i have a gf4mx440, i am planning on getting a gfFX and connecting the DVI out to a projector, and still use the s-video to the tv and the analog connector to my ordinary screen. btw, optical audio out to my 950watt dolby digital sound system works GREAT in linux :)

geeks have more fun!
J   2004-06-13 01:50
Hi, i have a single screen atm and i wanted to get 3 screens gonig at some point i have windows 2000 and im not sure what to do? Please help
J3K   2004-06-22 08:46
I have a computer a mate of mine made for me i have one screen at present but i want to get 3 overall.

I have no idea how to do this and i want to play games which are spread across the 3 screens is this possible and what will i need to do this also could you tell me the exact names of the graphics cards or any other hardware i need.
butch   2004-07-12 06:01
Im using a 9600pro ATI Video Card with 2 monitors and works great, easy to setup and fun to play with... Thanks for the Article
psychoticus   2004-08-27 11:56
hello, im in the start of building a surround gaming rig;)
i have spent over a month sucking up all information i can about it.
my first idea was to do it with a radeon 9800 pro agp and a 9200 pci.
two days after i ordered the pcicard, i got info from ATI that told me that agp and pcicards isnt possible to combine to achive surroundgaming.
they also said that getting a motherboard with ati 9100igp (internal agp)chipset will allow you to add a 9800 pro agp (slot). and in this way achive real surroundgaming.

so now i will return my new pcicard and buy such a motherboard.

is there anyone here that tryed this?
is there to be a review about this setup?

a psycho never give up... if i fail it will anyway result in a website;)
ECarlson   2004-08-29 12:26
If you're buying a new motherboard and video cards, why not move up to PCI-Express?

- Eric, www.InvisibleRobot.com
Roman   2004-09-09 21:11
Is there a way to toggle display between TV and monitor connected to a dualhead card (NVidia GeForce MX-440) using the keyboard only?
PS Can't see the TV in the living room to use the mouse on the PC in the bedroom
Roman   2004-09-09 21:24
I've found the nView User Guide and looked up the Hot Keys section.
http://download.nvidia.com/Windows/53.03/ForceWare_nView_3.0_Users_Guide_3rd_edition_v2.pdf
Mudeem   2004-09-30 23:42
hi,
I am using nvidia card with another graphics adapter for dual monitor support. Now what happens when i play DVD and nvidia is primary, when i take teh video to the secondary desktop the screen is blank and the message is "due to limitations of your graphics adapter cannot play video". however if my other graphics adapter is primary DVD works fine.

This only happens with nvidia card. What could be the cause.... any idea.

Thanks in advance

MUDEEM
Kyle   2004-10-01 00:03
I have similar had similar problems with my 2 nvidia cards. I have a pci, and agp geforce fx 5200. The same rules apply for when you try to move a DVD movie or different formats of videos to a tv screen. My guess its to prevent piracy, because how easy would it be to have your rca out on your card go straight to a vcr and record whatever is being inputted to it. I believe that WinDVD will go around this glitch when you try to play a DVD on a secondary monitor.

www.beyondthefield.ssbm.org
Kanaan   2004-10-01 22:32
I buy asus PCI 5900 (nvidia). This card have a lot of software problems. The bigest problem i have: how the hell can i work in clone mode and video overlay on this card??? only single display can be set, tv or monitor, not both.
Anyone can help me??? i have the latest drivers, tryed all from cd from board, nvidia site and asus site.
I'm realy mad becouse of this, please help me!!!
Purecheese   2004-10-03 17:40
Don't bother trying to use an on-board AGP chipset and a separate AGP card. ATI seem to have been telling porkies - you can only use 1 AGP line at a time - on-board, OR expansion card - one will disable the other. You will have to use either 2PCI (yick)1AGP,1PCI(better) or PCI express(luvvurly, but expensive). Good Luck.
vEddY   2004-11-10 21:23
Hello.
I have this huge problem with multiple monitors output. I have 6 monitors and I would like to have a video clip (let's say .mpg or .avi) running across all 6 of them. Monitors are in line (1-2-3-4-5-6 one beside the other), and I would like that each monitor has his part of the image so I can have one really big image. How can I make this work? The problem is, even when I'm using two monitors as a big desktop, the video clip looks ok on one monitor, but when I move the clip so half of it is on monitor 1 and the other half on monitor 2, only monitor 1 has clip running, while monitor 2 shows black window with no clip.
Any help, please?
Kyle   2004-11-11 00:33
The primary monitor is the only one that can display the avi or mpeg movie. I believe that it is to prevent copyrighted movies from being copied. Just like how I can't output a DVD movie(played on my computer) output to a TV. That would be easy to copy stuff if you just had a vcr hooked up to your tv out recording everything being played on the TV.

www.beyondthefield.ssbm.org
Noir   2004-11-21 05:40
I Have a GeForce FX 5200 and I want to put two different backgrounds one on each moniter how do I do that?
Michael   2004-12-21 08:02
I have a HPzv5000 Laptop with a nView Geforce 4 440 go 64m display. I just purchased a 19 inch LCD monitor and want to use the new monitor when I am in the office not the laptop display. However, I can not seem to mirror by laptop display. How come?

When I turn the laptop on the LCD monitor shows the same Black xp start up window. When the laptop goes to a blur sxcreen where you log on the monitor goes blank.

I do get full use of the monitor when I have mulitpe montior selcted in the set up but that is not what I want. Can someonehelp this pitiful user... Thnaks , in advance
ECarlson   2004-12-21 14:08
Noir: Read the NVidia NView documentation.

David F   2004-12-27 11:44
Hey Michael:

Get a program llike ifranview, and make one big wallpaper that will cover your desktop. Select "Create Panorama image" from the menus and play around. I figured it out all by myself and I can't draw or use photoshop or anything.
Ward   2004-12-29 03:36
Hello all, I wonder if anyone might have the answer to my problem :-) I have a Nvidie geforce4 mx 440 w/tv out. I have also installed a Trident PCI board 96xx/938x. The PCI board works fine when set to primary display in BIOS but comes up with a (code 10) when the Geforce is set to primary. Win XP sees it but can't load the drivers. Any help appreciated
andy wallace   2005-10-10 10:02
hey, i have a geforce fx5200. I want to have dual monitors but i have no idea where to start> can anyone tell me exactly how to do it??PLEASE. thanks
Christophe   2006-01-16 10:09
Hey i have a Geforce 6200 agp card and i'm able to connect my tv up and have a cloned screen and the spanned screens but i haven't got a dualview option. how do i get that?
MikeW   2006-04-27 09:12
Hi

I've been using a 17" Samsung CRT monitor and a TV using the S video output on my Geforce4 Ti 4200 in Duel view mode
and I recently got a 17" Acer LCD. I connected the LCD up but I can only output to 2 devices at a time CRT/LCD or CRT/TV or LCD/TV.

http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/9929/pic2cs.jpg
Is it possible to use the LCD, CRT and the TV simultaneously?

Thanks,

Mike
ECarlson   2006-04-27 10:53
Sure, just add a second video card to drive the third device.

brian   2007-01-28 02:19
hi.i have my dell inspiron 6400 laptop connected to my plasma tv how do i make the image from the laptop full size on the tv screen.thanks in advance

brian cullen
Miguel Diaz   2007-03-04 11:34
Hey, i've got a cheap nvidia GeForce 6200 video card and im currently running with dual crt's, whats the cheapest way for me to have a 3rd monitor hooked up, preferably a Tv because i do alot of digital video editing on avid and sony vegas.
David DeRolph   2007-03-05 03:48
Buy a PCI card.
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> 3 Monitors with Nvidia GeForce4 cards