Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Super Browsing Window limits
LittleScooby   2003-03-07 15:16
Has anyone figured out a way to get by the Windows 2000 limit for the number of browser windows you can have open at once?

I have a tri-panel display and I would like to be able to power browse by having 10 different sets of 3 browsers open on 10 different desktops (using UltraMon and MultiDesk) but after I open about 12 or more browser windows and place them on the different desktops, eventually a few of them just close all by themselves. I've tried doing the same thing with Opera and Netscape and IE. Even using different combinations of browsers but it still starts to close windows down. I've tried the PTE fix but that doesn't help. Anyone seen this behavior before? I can't be the only one.
Christian Studer   2003-03-08 00:35
I have a similar issue on my XP system, with lots of applications open, I can't start new applications anymore. The process is listed in Task Manager, but fails to create a window.

Maybe there's a system-wide limit on the number of window handles. I installed the 327699 hotfix (maximum number of handles), but this didn't fix the problem.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Super Browsing Window limits