Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Suggestions for 16:10 wide-screen monitor w/ MultiMon?
vectre1   2003-03-11 23:32
I'm setting up a multi-monitor system for the first time, and I'd appreciate a little advice from people with some experience. I've been doing research online to determine the best video card arrangement to buy, but I'm still not sure if it would work.
I have 3 21" CRT monitors, plus one 24" wide-aspect 16:10 CRT monitor. I would want to use 3 monitors for applications and surround gaming, and the 16:10 monitor for watching TV and DVDs, as well as possibly running applications on it.
The setup that looks the most attractive right now would be a Parhelia plus a basic PCI video card (Matrox recommended a Millennium G450 for compatability's sake) plus a PCI TV tuner card.
Please, let me know what you think would work, or recommendations for specific cards. I wasn't able to find anyone else on this forum with a setup comparable to this.
PS: I was considering using an ATI AIW 9700 for the AGP card, but ATI told me that "ATI does not support additional video card with the Radeon 7000, 8500, 9000 Pro, 9500 Pro, and 9700 Pro based chipsets." That doesn't sound right... Is it?
Well, thank you for your help.

Jeremy
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Suggestions for 16:10 wide-screen monitor w/ MultiMon?