Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Newbie - 2 Monitors viewing same thing
NtM   2000-12-08 02:13
hello all,
im very new to the whole multi monitor game,
i stumbled upon the site because i want to hook up another monitor to my computer so i can see whats going on in the other room. example: one compu w/monitor in main room, one monitor in the bathroom both mons. view the same thing. is this possible and what do i need, the distance is rougly 20ft. between the 2 rooms. do they even make wires that long? if i got that hooked up id just need two mice but i dont think thats possible.

any help is much appreciated

N
Stephen   2000-12-09 09:39
In the bathroom? You're gonna kill the monitor if you fart,poo or splash water on it!

That's foolish
NtM   2000-12-09 13:17
it wouldnt be that close to the toilet...
Thunder   2000-12-10 02:18
Yes u can purchase a Y cable to just go on your video card, I think you may be able to get one from harbourtownsales.com I think your idea sounds nice and yes you can also hook up 2 mice example one on ps2 and one on serial i have done this before. My wife liked the one on the airboard and I like haveing the old fashoned one. any way 20 feet no problem to extend the monitor maybe some slight emf interference but nothing u cant live with tho.

Thunder
NtM   2000-12-10 03:43
yup that stores got what i need.
the computer stores around here..their clerks look at me like i got 2 heads, all i want is 2 monitors. much thanks.

mission accomplished.
N
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Newbie - 2 Monitors viewing same thing