Forums -> Multiple monitors -> AGP 64Meg Radeon DDR VIVO + PCI 64Meg Radeon 7500.
Axe   2003-03-13 17:21
Hey guys,

I'm having a lil problem with this setup (no fuzzy displays that others seem to be reporting though. Works a treat for me.)

In Win98SE, I setup the multiple monitors, tell it to display the monitor numbers, and they all come up great. "1", "2", "3", right where they're supposed to be.

I do the same thing in Win2K (my machine dual-boots. '98SE for games, 2K for everything else), and the two monitors on the PCI 7500 come up as "1", and the monitor on the AGP VIVO comes up as "2" (which is "3" on '98SE).

No matter what I do, I can't get this damn thing to recognise the two monitors on the PCI 7500 as separate entities, heh. They only seem to be able to mirror each other.

So, anybody got any ideas? :)

John,
Asus A7V/Athlon 900Mhz
512Meg Ram/97.4Gig HD.
64Meg ATI Radeon DDR VIVO (AGP)
64Meg ATI Radeon 7500 (PCI)
SBPCI512, Pinnacle Studio DC10+.
Axe   2003-03-14 09:51
Okies, well, i've been having a play around with this (Still with the default drivers that come on the CD).

I just whacked in a new 80Gig HD, to start this all off from scratch. Again, this machine dual boots '98SE & Win2K.

Now, if I have both cards in and all drivers installed under '98, all works as expected. Three individual monitors showing three different sections of the same desktop.

If I have only the PCI card in my machine for Win2K, then it shows both monitors as a single desktop (single monitor in a 2048x768 resolution). As soon as I hook up the AGP Radeon, the mode 2048x768 doesn't appear for the PCI cards, and one monitor is againa mirror of the other. The options that allowed me to place one monitor below, or to the side of, the other no longer exists. It simply has buttons labelled "1" and "2" in the "Displays" section of the advanced properties for the card. No matter what I do, I don't seem to be able to have all three displays showing different things simultaneously in Win2K.

Has ANYBODY gotten this to work? I don't fancy having to give up the 19" monitor just to use two 15" monitors for the dual display on the PCI Radeon. And I don't want to have to be sat in Win98 all the time for doing video capture work, and other things that '98 simply can't handle very well.

Btw, has anybody tried these two cards together under a Linux 3 monitor setup? How well does it work?

John,
Asus A7V/Athlon 900Mhz
512Meg Ram/97.4Gig HD.
64Meg ATI Radeon DDR VIVO (AGP)
64Meg ATI Radeon 7500 (PCI)
SBPCI512, Pinnacle Studio DC10+.
Christian Studer   2003-03-15 03:32
ATI doesn't support independent displays on Win2000 with the RADEON 7500 (see the FAQ for more on this).

One solution would be upgrading to Windows XP, you should then have the same setup as with Win98 (3 monitors listed in Display Properties).

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> AGP 64Meg Radeon DDR VIVO + PCI 64Meg Radeon 7500.