Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Dualhead PCI card?
robert   2003-03-15 04:55
Hello all;

I have been searching for some time for a dualhead PCI video card. I thought I had it nailed with the ATI Radeon 7500, however I have been having the same problems as many others on this site with the output being blurry. Thus, I am trying to find another dualhead card. Unfortuately, my Dell computer only came with 4 PCI slots and I am using three of them, so the card needs to be a dualhead one. Does anyone have any suggestions as to good PCI dualhead cards? Thanks.
Barton   2003-03-16 02:38
Robert,

Not sure whay you need a PCI Dual head unless your Dell doesn't have a AGP slot. I would concentrate on a AGP dual head so you can take advantage of the 3D capabilities.

If you really insist on a PCI dual head, check out Matrox, specifically the G450 or anything in the MMS (Multiple Monitor Series). While I'm not a fan of Matrox, if you need a PCI dual head, they're about the only game in town in a reasonably priced card.

Good Luck.
king_pariah   2003-04-22 03:21
not true...there are very nice Geforce 4 mx cards out there that are PCI AND dual head...you just have to look for them...i got mine from newegg, but i don't remember the manufacturer...
I have four monitors, a geforce 4 ti 4400 in the agp, and a geforce 4 mx dual head in the PCI...works like a dream...they all use the same drivers so it is nice and convenienct too...
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Dualhead PCI card?