Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Flight Simming on 2 monitors
Chris W. Balmer   2003-03-17 10:03
All- has anyone managed to get CFS2 or 3, or even IL2 running across 2 screens?

I'd love to know !

Cheers

Chris.
Christian Studer   2003-03-18 09:17
CFS allows you to put additional views or instrument panels on secondary monitors, see the FAQ for more information.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
Barton   2003-03-18 21:25
Chris,

Actually I do it all the time. The Gainward card I have has a Dual-DVI out. WIth nVidia's latest drivers and running in the "spanned" mode, I can actually stretch across two monitors and then "window" my various panels on my third monitor.

I hoping that nVidia comes out with a new version of nView that will allow spanning across all three monitors. If that happens, I'm adding a forth monitor to hold the the various panels (GPS, NAV/COM, Throttle, etc..).

Good Luck!
Barton   2003-03-18 21:30
CHris,

I just realized you were referring to CFS and not FS2002.

I just loaded up CFS3 in the "spanned" mode and it works fine across two monitors. (1024x768=63FPS)

I don't know alot about CFS3 yet. I'm more into flying a Lear 32 on a ILS approach into Orlando than I am doggin a P-51 over Germany. Now if I can find a way to fly over France....well...I shouldn't voice my political views here.
Chris W. Balmer   2003-03-22 06:33
Hi there

How do you enable "spanned mode" ?
Thanks
Barton   2003-03-23 01:04
Chris,

I would sugget two things:

1. Go to the nVidia and read. A LOT! Depending on the card and OS you have, you will need to install the appropriate driver that has "nView" 2.0. You can read this PDF file (you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader) and read carefully the details beginning on page 27.

2. Read this forum here on the multimon website. Christian and others have great stories and feedback which will help you.

Good Luck!
Luke771   2007-07-01 02:07
I can't make il2 sturmovik go multimonitor (FS2k4 does it without even needing Ultramon, but il2 is much more fun).

I have 2x nVidia 7950GT, one with 2 19'' lcd displays attached, and a third 19'' lcd on the second videocard.

I tried to run il2 in windowed mode but the "maximize to desktop" button was missin, only the "move to desktop..." one was available.

I'm trying to find a way to make il2 go multimonitor, if anyone knows how to do that (tweaking conf.ini? tweaking UltraMon settings?) please help me with a quick howto or point me to the right webpage.

Luke
beerbuzz69   2009-04-17 09:37
I am also trying to get IL2 to span across two monitors. I tried to window mode it and stretch but it wont let me move the mouse outside the game. I too would be interested in any help.
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Flight Simming on 2 monitors