Forums -> UltraMon™ -> Smart Taskbar - Specific Program on Wrong Taskbar
Brian   2017-03-15 17:32
I've recently started having an issue with a specific application where it switches between taskbars at the wrong point. I basically need to be 500-800 pixels into the next monitor before it shows up on that monitor's taskbar. All other programs still work correctly, which is why I think it could be an issue with this application and not UltraMon.

Basically I'm wondering how UltraMon reads the position of a program to determine which taskbar to place it on. Trying to see if I can narrow this down a bit more to troubleshoot.
Christian Studer   2017-03-17 01:37
UltraMon will place the application on the monitor which contains most of the application's window.

Do you have a download link for the application? I could give it a try on my system.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
Brian   2017-03-20 11:30
Unfortunately I don't. I've actually run into two programs now that act this way, but neither are something I'd be able to provide. Both have a small footprint, don't fullscreen and aren't capable of re-sizing the window. I know they work on similar systems and have had them working myself, which is one of the reasons this is so strange.

I have also noticed that with both of them if I right-click on the icon on the taskbar the menu will show up a good half a screen down the line as well. Doesn't happen on the main monitor though, only ones using the smart taskbar.

It still seems like either the programs aren't providing accurate position information or UltraMon isn't reading them correctly. I was hoping to find out where it's grabbing that info to try and find out which it is.
Christian Studer   2017-03-20 14:16
Might be related to DPI scaling, which might not be active on the other systems.

Which version of UltraMon and Windows are you using?

Brian   2017-03-21 13:01
Windows 7 and 3.3.0.

Thanks for bringing up DPI scaling though, ended up fixing it through that. It was set to the default 125% (medium) in display settings through windows. Changing it to 100% (smaller) fixed the issue with both programs. I was able to switch back to 125% after that and it's still working fine.

I did notice while I was in 100% the smart taskbars and only the smart taskbars were twice as tall as normal. That's when I realized my taskbar was locked, unlocking it fixed the height. Position was working fine before doing that, but I wonder if maybe it wasn't updating to the correct scaling because of that?

Not sure, but happy it's working correctly now.
Christian Studer   2017-03-21 15:37
Glad to hear that, no idea though why that would fix the issue...

My guess would have been that you were using Windows 8.1 or later and an older version of UltraMon which didn't support per-monitor DPI scaling, I'm not aware of any DPI-related issues with 3.3.0 on Windows 7.

Forums -> UltraMon™ -> Smart Taskbar - Specific Program on Wrong Taskbar