Forums -> UltraMon™ -> Feature Request: Hide Taskbar Lables
Steven   2017-04-12 09:02
I love Ultramon and have used it for many years now.

I would like to request a feature similar to the one found in "7+ Taskbar Tweaker" where taskbar icon labels can be hidden. (via their 'Combining' -> 'Don't combine grouped buttons' with the Windows 10 setting of 'Never Combine')

Running both Ultramon and Taskbar Tweaker causes several conflicts.

Thanks!!
Christian Studer   2017-04-13 16:26
Which version of UltraMon and Windows are you using?

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
Steven   2017-04-19 12:10
Ultramon: 3.3.0
Windows 10 Enterprise 2015LTSB
Christian Studer   2017-04-19 14:25
On Windows 10 the built-in multi-monitor taskbar gets used, to hide labels for secondary taskbars right-click the taskbar and select Settings from the menu, then scroll to the bottom of the page and under Multiple Displays set the 'Combine buttons on other taskbars' option to 'Always, hide labels'.

Steven   2017-04-26 09:42
Those options are not available. I only have a "Properties" and then the only options are "Always combine, hide labels" , "Combine when taskbar is full" , and "Never combine".

You can see this here: http://imgur.com/a/7nEEc

There are no other options for secondary taskbars (or the primary taskbar - aside from hiding icions & notifications) anywhere in the 'Control Panel' or in the 'Settings' -> 'System' -> 'Display' etc
Christian Studer   2017-04-26 16:55
Looks like you're not on the 1607 version of Windows 10, doesn't matter though as setting 'Buttons on other taskbars' to 'Always combine, hide labels' will do the same thing.

Steven   2017-04-27 06:57
After re-reading my initial post it assumes familiarity with the functionality in "7+ Taskbar Tweaker".

My goal was to request a feature where "Never combine, hide labels" was an option for taskbar icons. I'm sorry that I wasn't clear.
Christian Studer   2017-04-27 17:28
I see. What kind of issues did you have when using both UltraMon and 7+ Taskbar Tweaker? I've done some quick testing with version 5.2.1, but so far haven't noticed any problems.

Steven   2017-04-28 07:54
Here is one issue. There may have been others, but I haven't run into them again yet.

When hiding the Start Menu from secondary taskbars (via Ultramon settings) and not hiding Start Menu icons from all taskbars (via TT7 - the only option hides all of them) the first icon on each secondary taskbar flip-flops from application icon to Start Menu icon. Clicking on the icon always brings up the Start Menu regardless of icon shown when clicking.

http://imgur.com/a/e3tRV
Steven   2017-04-28 07:58
Also, these effects persist after exiting TT7 and require enabling/disabling the option to hide Start Menu from secondary taskbars in Ultramon to get things working again.
Christian Studer   2017-04-28 16:09
Might be due to a specific 7+ Taskbar Tweaker setting, so far I haven't seen this with only 'Don't combine grouped buttons' set and all other options left at default.

What other settings do you have enabled? There might be a fix for this.

Forums -> UltraMon™ -> Feature Request: Hide Taskbar Lables