Forums -> UltraMon™ -> Disable UltraMon for an application altogether?
Olaf   2017-05-29 08:30
Hi there!

I've always had a problems with Visual Studio beginning with version 2010, up to VS 2017. VS allows you to spread its windows across multiple monitors. While, here, the VS IDE itself is running on monitor #3 (i. e. code windows, Solution Explorer, etc.), other windows (such as the immediate window, break points, bookmarks etc.) will display on monitor #4. Both windows are maximized.
Now when I run/debug a project, the window on monitor #4 often (not always!) moves over to monitor #3. The same happens when stopping the application/debugging.

I've always thought that VS was having a problem, but today I found out that it UltraMon seems to be causing the problem - when I exit UltraMon, everything's fine. There is a little flicker (which I suppose might be the source of all problems), but the windows will stay as they should.

Hence the question: is there any way to disable UltraMon for Visual Studio resp. to prevent UltraMon from interfering?

Cheers,
Olaf

P.S.: FWIW, here's my setup: monitors #1 + #2 are 27"/landscape/2560*1440; monitors #3 + #4 are 21"/portrait/1680*1050. The setup is 3-1-2-4
Olaf   2017-05-29 08:38
I'm sorry, it seems that I was mistaken. While, without UltraMon running, I didn't have the problem for the better half of today, it just happened while UltraMon wasn't running, so I suppose it's NOT UltraMon ...

Cheers,
Olaf
Christian Studer   2017-05-29 16:17
You can disable UltraMon features such as the window buttons for specific applications under UltraMon Options > Compatibility.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
Forums -> UltraMon™ -> Disable UltraMon for an application altogether?