Forums -> Multiple monitors -> ATI Radeon 9000 Pro/ Hydravision Question
Christopher Towle   2003-03-24 03:26
All,

I am in need of some help figuring out how to make my dual display work.

I have dual 21's that I have been powering by a Matrox G450. I have the display set to 3200x1200. It displays such that the 'start menu' on windows is in the lower left corner of the left monitor and clock is in the lower right corner of the right monitor. This is how I have had the display set for about 18 months now.

I recently felt it necessary to upgrade to a Radeon 9000 pro card. My research led me to beleive that I would be able to duplicate my setup that I describe above.

The card works great, but I am only able to make the right monitor function as an extension of my left monitor. By saying this, the task bar is contained to the left monitor and I am able to move windows over to the right monitor. I have my monitor settings to 1600x1200 independently.

What I need to know is how using hydravision do I configure this card to display how I have referenced above that I had on my Matrox card.

I have DL'ed the latest drivers from ATI and the latest rev of Hydravision as well.

I feel it is just a setting somewhere that I am missing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
friend   2003-03-29 04:30
Hydravision doesnt actually have a "span mode" so the time cannot extend to the other mon. sucks i know, the only option yah go is to either right click on the taskbar and add some toolbars which can be moved to the right mon, or geting ultra mon, which will extend a taskbar, but it wont have the clock on the right.
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> ATI Radeon 9000 Pro/ Hydravision Question