Forums -> UltraMon™ -> Show Desktop Does Not Work When Dragging An Item To An Empty Area Of The Smart Taskbar
Ascii2   2017-11-02 14:50
Show Desktop does not work when dragging an item to an empty area of the Smart Taskbar.

I request that the feature be corrected.

I am using UltraMon 3.3.0 on Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 3.
Christian Studer   2017-11-02 15:59
Unfortunately that's not supported, and currently there are no plans to add new features to the Smart Taskbar.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
Ascii2   2017-11-02 20:27
Christian Studer, thank you for your prompt reply.

The UltraMon support landing page does state differently about the availability of the feature.

The UltraMon support landing page ( https://www.realtimesoft.com/ultramon/support.asp ) states in the "Configuration: advanced registry settings":

"Show Desktop delay when dragging an item to an empty area of the Smart Taskbar
When dragging an item to an empty area of the taskbar, the desktop will be shown after the mouse has hovered over the same area for a short time. The default is half a second for Windows XP and later, and 2 seconds for earlier systems. To change the delay, edit the Show Desktop Hover Time value..."

Was the ability to show the desktop by dragging an item to the Smart Taskbar something that was once a feature, but was removed?
Christian Studer   2017-11-04 14:03
Didn't remember that... there is indeed support for this, if you drag something to a task button the task gets activated, but showing the desktop has been disabled, and it also looks like the hover time registry value no longer gets used.

Not sure why this would have been changed, I'll take a closer look at this.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
Forums -> UltraMon™ -> Show Desktop Does Not Work When Dragging An Item To An Empty Area Of The Smart Taskbar