Forums -> UltraMon™ -> Taskbar button on secondary taskbars are button sized and not scaling
Kim   2018-01-02 06:42
I recently switched to Windows 10 and am trying to get my setup to look similar to my old Windows 7 setup.

I don't use combining of taskbar buttons, I like to see taskbar buttons scale up in size so I can look at what my windows apps are called, at a glance.

On Windows 10 with Ultramon I have the desired effect on the main taskbar/monitor, but the secondary ones show these tiny taskbar icons instead, not scaling to the available space on the taskbar.

Is this a bug, or a setting I am missing somewhere?

I have posted a link to a screenshot showing the difference between the two taskbars. The main one on the left, and an Ultramon taskbar with the tiny buttons on the right

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rmjpvof6htluulu/Multimon%20Taskbar%20Issue.png?dl=0

Any suggestions would be much appreciated

Best regards,
Kim

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rmjpvof6htluulu/Multimon%20Taskbar%20Issue.png?dl=0
Kim   2018-01-02 11:01
Still working with this, I am realizing that the buttons on the secondary taskbar provided by Ultramon are also combining applications, which is the opposite of how my main Windows taskbar is configured.

This makes me think that Ultramon uses a separate config setting for this
Kim   2018-01-02 11:12
I am an idiot - by scrolling down the Windows Taskbar settings I found further options for setting combine options when having Multiple displays.

All sorted now :-/
Christian Studer   2018-01-02 13:01
Glad to hear that, on Windows 8 and later the built-in multi-monitor taskbar gets used, UltraMon doesn't add its own taskbars on secondary monitors.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
Jeremy Green   2018-09-14 10:40
Thanks Kim, you're not the only idiot out there. If I had hair I'd have been tearing it out until I red this.

Cheers,

j
Forums -> UltraMon™ -> Taskbar button on secondary taskbars are button sized and not scaling