Forums -> UltraMon™ -> Can't Get "Move To Other Monitor" to Work with PowerDVD17 when Maximized, any ideas?
BlakeK   2018-03-04 16:15
I am running a licensed, registered version of UltraMon v3.3
I have a licensed, registered version of PowerDVD v17
I am running Windows 10, 64 bit
Display Setup Info from UM:
2 monitors
Current desktop: 3840x1080 (-1920,0 - 1920,1080)
Monitor 1 - VG248 (primary):
Settings: 1920x1080, 32-bit color, 60 Hz refresh rate
Coordinates: 0,0 - 1920,1080. Workspace: 0,0 - 1920,1040
Video card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
Device: \\.\DISPLAY1\Monitor0

One display is a monitor on my desk, the other is a HDTV on the wall.
I am able to move all programs between displays without issue using UM, except PowerDVD when it is maximized.
The way I move them is by hovering over their icon in the taskbar until the preview box appears, then moving the mouse into it, then right clicking in there, and then choosing "Move to Other Monitor".
This is the best method I have found to retrieve a window to the display I am viewing from the other display, when the other display is powered off or tuned to another input, and I am unable to see it's contents in order to such things as click on the actual window and move it or resize it.
FYI, when it is in this state, the only other options in the menu are "Minimize" and "Close". I have tried minimizing it and then doing move to other desktop, but that didn't work either.
I have also tried going to the UM Options-Compatibility tab, creating a new Custom Settings for "PowerDVD 17".
Under the checkbox options there, I tried setting the first and the last options:
- "use alternative method to add windows buttons"
- "use alternative method to move maximized window"
I tried these options set independently and both on at once.
After each time I made a change to these check marks, I would close PowerDVD 17 and relaunch it before retesting it to see if it worked.
I don't know if I have exhausted all options, and PowerDVD 17 just has something that prevents whatever method UM uses to move maximized windows, no matter what, but I figure before I just gave up, I would post my details here and perhaps another user or the UM devs have seen this with another program and know of a combination of settings or another method I can use to accomplish my goal.
Thanks to all who actually read this whole thing!

Blake
BlakeK   2018-03-04 16:23
And just to be clear, when I said each time I changed the check marks, I didn't mean simply clicking the check mark, and then cycling PD17 and retrying.
I clicked the check mark in UM, then clicked "OK" on the "Compatibility Options" screen, then clicked "OK" on the "Options" screen, each time.
Just wanted to make sure it was clear that I was making sure everything was getting set and saved each time I tried changing a setting. :-)

Blake
Christian Studer   2018-03-05 17:24
Is this with PowerDVD in fullscreen mode? Some applications prevent resizing/moving of their fullscreen windows, in that case you could try setting the other monitor as primary before launching PowerDVD, most likely it will then run on that monitor.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
BlakeK   2018-03-05 20:18
No, it’s not in full screen mode, it’s running in Windowed mode, it’s just the window has been maximized.
BlakeK   2018-03-05 20:27
Also, It doesn’t matter which monitor PowerDVD is on, when it has been maximized, then UltraMon becomes unable to move it to a different monitor.
I can start it on either TV or the Monitor Display. I can then use UM to move it between displays without a problem as long as PD’s window is not maximized.
But as soon as I maximize PD’s window (not running in FS mode, just maximized window mode), regardless of what display I initiated the maximizing on, UM then becomes unable to move PD to the opposite display anymore until PD is unmaximized.
Christian Studer   2018-03-06 16:22
In that case I don't see a fix for this, you mentioned that you had already tried the 'use alternative method to move maximized window' compatibility option.

You mentioned that only Minimize and Close are available on the window menu, is the Restore option missing or grayed out?

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
Forums -> UltraMon™ -> Can't Get "Move To Other Monitor" to Work with PowerDVD17 when Maximized, any ideas?