Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Multi-monitor versus Video Wall Processors
Falast   2000-12-10 21:29
I have a need to display the content of a single PC video signal over four monitors positioned left to right. (1 x 4 configuration) I know this is a strange aspect ratio, but that is what is required. The video out will be directed to four portable projectors, which means the full size image will be approximately 32 feet across. Four 8-foot wide screens.

My question is, will a multi-monitor solution work for this, or should I investigate Video Wall processors instead. Image quality is a must for this presentation since most of the display is high-resolution pictures and text.

Most Video wall process includes pixel interpolation and edge smoothing, but I am not sure if the Windows operating systems does any more than just brake up the video into four pieces.

If there is anyone out there that has worked with both types of hardware, and can tell me the pros and cons to both approaches, I would appreciate it.

Best regards,
Dennis

Dennis Falast
Dave M   2000-12-12 21:31
In my limited experience with this I can tell you that, depending what you mean by high resolution, projectors are usally limited to 1024 x 768 but there may be some that support 1280 x 1024, and maybe 1600 x 1200 but I havent seen any yet, but I havent looked for a while.
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Multi-monitor versus Video Wall Processors