Forums -> Multiple monitors -> how do i convince winxp to display one wallpaper across both monitors (panoramic view), without resorting to complex HTML editing and hoopjumping?
morningphyre   2003-04-01 17:49
how do i convince winxp to display one wallpaper across both monitors (panoramic view), without resorting to complex HTML editing and hoopjumping? I've managed to do it using Active Desktop and displaying different sections of the same image on each page, but that requires a lot more memory than i really need to use just for a wallpaper. is there anything out there that allows you to use a single panoramic image for your wallpaper? please don't tell me it's something simple i'm just missing here...

Phyre
rod   2003-04-01 18:53
if you got say two screens set to 800x600..then you need a pic 1600x600...set the thing to "tile" in the display props,each monitor will get one half of the pic...the image has to be the same size as the desktop for this to work tho
big__anto   2003-04-02 06:55
ure a fucken moron, get fucken UltraMon.
kev   2003-04-16 16:30
well there's a highl;y intelligent and helpful post. hey big_arsehole, crawl back under your rock.
Gray catchpole   2003-04-23 10:18
Rod is right, im using 1024x768 on both monitors double your pic to the res you are using and it works fine, beter still, get a really high res picture and then drop it to the respective size, and tile it.
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> how do i convince winxp to display one wallpaper across both monitors (panoramic view), without resorting to complex HTML editing and hoopjumping?