Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Running 1 Fullscreen App w/ 2nd screen accesible?
greenbear   2003-04-08 06:55
hey, if anyone has any ideas, i'd be chuffed. I want to be able to run my fullscreen apps like games on my primary monitor while leaving my secondary display for stuff like winamp and msn.
At the moment, the full screens run and i can see my other apps but theres no way mouse pointer anywhere, and i can't switch to them without moving out of fullscreen in the main monitor.

if that made sense to anyone give us a shout

p.s. anyway to make apps do fullscreen displays in the 2ndary? e.g. FS picture browsing with ACDSee

- from the reformed reefer-bear -
Christian Studer   2003-04-10 10:20
That's not possible unfortunately, one solution would be to run the games in windowed mode.

Some applications will always go fullscreen on the primary monitor, you can try moving them to the secondary monitor using UltraMon, but this might not work with all applications.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
kev   2003-04-16 16:22
the only fullscreen app i have had any luck with this working is PowerDVD. the rest (games, dvd, etc) either lock out the screen or minimize when clicking on another monitor. for games this makes sense since the input (mouse) is needed full time in the game and the game doesnt understand anything outside of the rendered area
Cas2   2003-04-17 00:52
If you assign task manager to the sec. display, you can often leave a game and go to the sec. display by pressing ctrl+alt+del (win xp). Some games minimize by this, some doesn't ...
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Running 1 Fullscreen App w/ 2nd screen accesible?