Forums -> Multiple monitors -> win2k w/3 monitors
teg   2000-12-15 05:11
I have upgraded from win 98 to win 2k and i cannot get my two extra monitor's to work. i have tried updating the drivers, uninstalling the cards, and lot's fo other stuff. the main one is AGP adn the two extra one's are PCI, all made by ATI. the AGP one is only 4 meg, and the other two are 8 meg. When i install the second card the first one stops working and i get a message in the device manager windao that says "this device cannot start, code 10" Any help on this would be appreciated. you can reply to tegryan@hotmail.com if you prefer.

Thanks
Christian Studer   2000-12-15 05:34
Older ATI cards won't work as secondary with Win2000, see the FAQ for more information.

Christian Studer
www.realtimesoft.com
teg   2000-12-15 14:39
Thanks for the prompt reply. one thing that i forgot to mention is that the 4 meg card is part of the motherboard, and the BOIS will not let me choose which card will be set to the primary. i have been told that i may have to update my bios, but i am wondering if you can set a card that is on the motherbaord to be NOT the primary card? is that possible?
Christian Studer   2000-12-16 22:37
Depends on your motherboard, I have seen a system where the AGP onboard card became secondary when you inserted a PCI video card.

But your onboard card probably also won't work as secondary, check ATI's Windows 2000 FAQ to see if there are drivers with multi-monitor support.

Christian Studer
www.realtimesoft.com
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> win2k w/3 monitors