Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Geforce2 MX PCI not possilbe as primary card?? but i want AGP!
Rabenau   2003-04-13 11:32
hi,
my creative 3d-blaster Geforce2 MX only works for multi display system when the BIOS option is set to "primary device=PCI"
my other Geforce3 Ti500 AGP hat to be set to secondary..
but it should be the other way round (GF3 AGP to primary and the PCI GF2MX to secondary)

when i try to set the AGP first then the PCI card gets a yellow exclamation mark and error Code 10
this means that the card is not really recognized

i tried to disable the video bios shadow but this doesn't help.
the only possible way is pci first.. but i don't want to do so! this card is for use with a LCD-projecor and therefor i don't want so see e.g. DOS and some old games or progamms on the projector

I want to know if it's just not possible with my card combination (i don't think so) or if something other is the problem?
any suggestions?
thanks

Rabenau
Rabenau   2003-04-13 12:42
oh i have forgot to mention that i'm running

WIN XP (latest SP)
P4 1800 512RIMM,SCSI drives, soundblaster live, TV-card,LAN
Rabenau   2003-04-14 01:07
oh, and the latest nvidia drivers 43.45
kev   2003-04-16 16:25
the pci being primary is only required in bios. once the pc boots (with the pci as primary), go into your display properties and set the monitor on the agp card to primary (settings tab-use this device as primary monitor). after that the pc will boot using the pci as primary and once windows loads, the agp will become primary
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Geforce2 MX PCI not possilbe as primary card?? but i want AGP!