Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Running a CRT and TFT at different resolutions?
David   2003-04-14 23:25
I am hoping someone can help me sort a small but irritating problem:

I have a 21" Sony CRT and a 17" Hitachi TFT both running off my Leadtek Geforce 4 4600.

I have been running both displays at 1280x1024, since this is the native resolution of the TFT.
However, I have noticed that the CRT looks much better at a lower resolution - 1024x768 seems ideal. Perhaps due to the 4:3 distortion at higher resolutions?

The issue is that Nview will allow me to clone the CRT to the TFT but it will seemingly not allow me to run the TFT at a higher resolution. Limiting the TFT to 1024x768 comprimises the quality noticeably.
Conversely, if I run the CRT cloned from the TFT and set it to a lower resolution than the primary 1280x1024, I get the scrolling display. Having to scroll around every screen is obviously annoying.

Is there any way to run the two displays at the resolutions I prefer and still clone them?

Someone suggested Ultramon, but I failed to get it to work..it cloned the desktop way off centre.

Do I need to enable dualview? I tried but got a blank desktop on the secondary display.

I hope someone can suggest a remedy.

MANY THANKS
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Running a CRT and TFT at different resolutions?