Forums -> Multiple monitors -> detinators and catalysts on a dual video card system
johnny   2003-04-20 21:28
ok, i am currently running a dual out matrox g450 pci for my secondary card, and have had great success using both nvidia and ATI AGP cards as primary, each card with 2 monitors attached.

now i am considering moving to 6 monitors, and am looking at the quadro 4 pci card as my secondary display adapter. before i drop the cash on that kind of investment, i thought of one possible issue that i need some feedback on:

will catalyst drivers work seemlessly along side detinator drivers in a dual monitor configuration? i want to use my radeon 9700 pro for my primary of course, but have a very subtle and slight memory of a comment someone once made about driver conflicts, like a game wanting to load the secondary adapters open gl drivers, thus crashing the game upon load and giving an open gl error message.

anyone know anything about this, or have any experience dealing with this kind of problem? i'm all ears!

thanks
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> detinators and catalysts on a dual video card system