Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Problems updating BIOS? please help...Gateway tech reps can't
Lonewulf   2000-12-17 12:50
Hello,

First thanks to Chris for responding to my earlier post.

I looked into the BIOS settings and noticed that I am NOT able to determine which card will be the primary AGP or PCI.

I am ASSUMING that when I add a PCI card (already have a Matrox G400 16MB Dual-head AGP)...that the computer will recognize it and the AGP.

With this assumption I went to the Gateway site and found info on updating the BIOS for my computer at the following site:
http://www.gateway.com/support/techdocs/references/motherboard/4a4ll0x0/4a4ll0X0.shtml

I followed the instructions and chatted with Gateway tech reps over 5 hours (6 different reps)...and I could not update the BIOS.

I could not get the computer to recognize the boot disketter in the A drive, with the new BIOS files on it.

Does anyone have any idea what could be the problem?

Has anyone done this before and had similar issues?

Please help! If I could update this, and I would be able to designate which card was primary with the new BIOS, then I would be able to get a cheaper card and not worry.

thanks in advance!

Lonewulf
Christian Studer   2000-12-18 02:37
Does the computer boot to Windows, even though you have inserted the BIOS update disk? If that's the case, you need to change the boot order in the BIOS. Make sure that the floppy is tried before the harddisk.

Christian Studer
www.realtimesoft.com
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Problems updating BIOS? please help...Gateway tech reps can't