Forums -> UltraMon™ -> App windows bleed over to second monitor
Wild Willy   2018-10-04 11:46
I have a problem with windows on the primary monitor slightly bleeding over to the secondary monitor. It appears you need to allow for a buffer area between the monitors. I have my 2 monitors defined so primary is left of secondary. My taskbar is at the bottom of the display. I have found that if the right edge of a window on primary is within a certain distance of the right edge of the display, it can be seen on the left of secondary. That distance is the width of the the "Show desktop" button on the right end of the Taskbar. So I have to size/position windows on the primary so they are not within the buffer area, which is a vertical strip the width of the "Show desktop" button.

Windows 7 Pro 64-bit, Ulramon 3.4
Christian Studer   2018-10-04 14:25
If you're using the Aero theme windows have a shadow, this will be visible on the next monitor if you move a window close to the monitor's border. You can disable shadows under Control Panel > System > Advanced > Performance > Visual Effects.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
Wild Willy   2018-10-04 22:28
OK. It's a small price to pay. I'll live with it. I'd rather keep the Aero windows. So this isn't a bug. It's a feature. Thanks for responding.

Windows 7 Pro 64-bit, Ulramon 3.4.1
Forums -> UltraMon™ -> App windows bleed over to second monitor