Forums -> UltraMon™ -> Default all PDF files to specific monitor
John   2018-10-05 07:51
New to UltraMon but I thought my intended use was exactly what users of the product have done for years so I'm surprised I'm having difficulty.

I want all PDF files to open in Adobe Reader on a specific monitor. If I create a Windows shortcut to a specific PDF file I can edit the UltraMon - Window tab to specify which monitor. But that doesn't help with the next PDF file.

How do I sent a default monitor for the program itself and not specific files? It's very rare that I open Adobe Reader, but I open PDF files all day long.

Thank you!
Christian Studer   2018-10-06 03:37
You could do this with the PositionApp script, let me know if you have any questions about setting this up.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
John   2018-10-10 05:43
Thank you for the reply. I don't allow end users to run VBS scripts so that solution won't work in my environment. For now the OS seems to be doing the job remembering where to assign the window, if it starts to misbehave I may have to find another solution. Thanks again!
Christian Studer   2018-10-10 14:06
Most applications handle this themselves, but there are some which don't do this and always open at a default position.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
Forums -> UltraMon™ -> Default all PDF files to specific monitor