Forums -> Multiple monitors -> DVDs in widescreen on MultiMon?
vectre1   2003-05-02 20:30
Well, thats my question. Has anyone played a widescreen DVD or DIVX on a multi monitor setup, spanned across the monitors? Does it enhance the viewing experience? Is it cool? I'm a gonna buy a Parhelia shortly, and was just wondering if anyone has tried this with any setup (or specifically with a Parhelia). Thanks a lot people.

Jeremy
Scott   2003-05-03 05:16
I have 2x LCDs on a Radeon 8500 with dual display capability and so far I cannot find a way to get video overlay to show up on both monitors. This means that when Windows Media Player 9 is streched across both monitors, I can only see half the picture on one monitor. So, unless you have some solution that I don't know about(i hope i hope), it is not possible to widescreen a DVD across both monitors.
Christian Studer   2003-05-03 09:20
It should work fine with the Parhelia when using stretched mode.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
vectre1   2003-05-04 05:56
Christian,

Since I don't have my setup finished, I haven't yet bought UltraMon, but I certainly plan on it, mostly because of this forum.

Can Scott's problem be solved using UltraMon? VideoSaver allows movies to be stretched across multiple monitors, so can UltraMon do the same? If not, it sounds like a nice feature to add.

Jeremy
Christian Studer   2003-05-04 10:37
VideoSaver can stretch videos (AVI, WMV, etc), but not DVDs, at least DVDs didn't work on multiple monitors with the DVD decoders I tested.

Please note that UltraMon won't work with 3 monitors on the Parhelia (2 is fine). The problem is that TripleHead mode always uses stretched mode instead of independent displays mode, which means that UltraMon (and Windows) only recognize a single widescreen monitor instead of 3 monitors.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
jet3055   2003-05-18 10:19
I am using the parhelia card with 3 lcd screens and using power DVD 4 to play my DVDs. I can minimize the picture to what ever size I like and move it around to any of the three displays. Also I can stretch the picture across two or three displays for wide screen in any aspect ratio. When watching a movie across all three displays , you need to watch it from a distance and not up close ( like 2 or 3 ft)The picture will be pixalated up close.I can also do the same thing while watching TV with a tuner card . Hope this helps.
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> DVDs in widescreen on MultiMon?