Forums -> Multiple monitors -> advice for a newbie :)
Tomos   2003-05-03 11:19
i just got a new monitor (21") and want to use that along with my old 19" one. ihave a radeon 8500 dv and after getting some advice on another forum decided on a matrox g450 for the 19" monitor.

i am wondering if anyone can give me any advice on setup, or any issues i can expect.

--
TJ
Eric Carlson   2003-05-09 14:47
My advice: Do it. You'll love dual monitors.

There's lots of info on this site. I read everything I could find on this site before I went with dual monitors, and it helped a lot.

Check the database for that card combo to see if anyone else has used it with the same OS you are using.

- Eric, www.InvisibleRobot.com
Tomos   2003-05-10 11:32
i've read through a few things here. my current pc is acting up now so i've ordered a new one for next friday.

still havent received my 2nd card yet either :(

i have found someone in the DB that has a 8500dv for the primary and a g450 dual head.

but they say that:

if (Monitor 3) = Active then
MMC doesn't work.
otherwise
All works well.
This is a known issue with Radeon All-In-Wonder which they are working on fixing.

i was hoping to leave the MMC open on 1 monitor and work on the other 2.

--
TJ
cj   2003-05-10 19:02
You should check the ATI suport site and download HYDRAVISION at least-also check what adapters might be suitable to your card. ATI puts a lot more capability on line than they give you on the driver/setup CD.

Once could be an accident
Twice might be coincidence
Three times is always enemy action
Tomos   2003-05-14 05:36
i've got all the drivers i need downloaded except forH.V. i'll get those later on today. what exactly do they do tho?

is that the software that supports the use of a tv as a 2nd monitor with my card?

--
TJ
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> advice for a newbie :)