Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Screen stuck on "If you can read this message, windows has successfully initialized....
Rakesh   2003-05-07 06:17
I recently downloaded the det 41.09 drivers for my geforce4 mx-420 in order to be able to play a game. I had troubles after installing the drivers with an exception oe and the last time I was able to boot up windows, the error occured and locked my computer forcing a cntrl alt del which froze my cpu forcing a hard boot. When I turned my cpu back on I get the message, "If you can read this message, windows has successfully initialized this display adapter." It is stuck on that screen and even appears to be loading windows because I can hear the windows music in the background. I tried to connected my tv as a second monitor to see if I had somehow enabled multimonitor features but the tv won't get a signal unless the monitor is unplugged from the video card and when I do get the tv signal it displays the same initialization message. Any clues about how I might bypass the message screen would be greatly appreciated or any clues at all for that matter...

Thx

Rakesh...A hopeless dimwit when it comes to computer technical issues.
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Screen stuck on "If you can read this message, windows has successfully initialized....